How to Sew a Pumpkin Pincushion: Easy PDF Sewing Pattern for Beginners
Every year, around this time, I stop thinking about summer projects and start planning my autumn sewing.
I know it might seem early, but if you've been sewing for a while, you'll probably understand. Before the leaves start changing colour, my sewing table is already covered with floral fabrics, gingham ribbons and little pumpkins.
This Pumpkin Pincushion is one of those projects that I look forward to making every year.
I first designed this pattern because I wanted something practical for my sewing room that was also fun to make. Instead of using an ordinary pincushion, I thought, why not make one that looks like a little fabric pumpkin?
The result was this beginner-friendly Pumpkin Pincushion PDF Sewing Pattern, complete with a printable template, step-by-step instructions and plenty of photos to guide you through the process.
A quick sewing project you'll actually use
We all have projects that end up in a drawer, well, this isn't one of them: a pincushion is something you reach for every time you sew, so why not make one that makes you smile every time you see it?
I've made these pumpkins in lots of different fabrics over the years. Tiny florals are still my favourite, but I've also used gingham, mustard prints and even fabric scraps left over from larger quilting projects.
They're small enough to sew in an afternoon, which also makes them perfect for gifts.
What you'll need
The pattern uses simple materials that most sewists already have.
You'll need cotton fabric, stuffing, thread, a small piece of fabric for the stem and leaf and your basic sewing tools. The complete materials list is included in the pattern.
To make things easier, I've also created an Amazon Supply List with many cute fabrics you can use, tools and sewing supplies I love. If you're missing something or simply want to see the products I recommend, you'll find them all in one place.
Prefer learning by watching?
Some people enjoy following written instructions. Others prefer to watch someone make the project first. That's why I also filmed a YouTube tutorial to accompany the pattern. You can sew along with me and see each step before you try it yourself. The pattern even includes QR codes linking directly to the video tutorials.
So if you make one, I'd love to see it. Tag me on Instagram @tatia.studio so I can share your beautiful pumpkins.
XXX
Tatiana❤️

.jpg)



Comments
Post a Comment