Puffy Laptop Sleeve Sewing Pattern + Free Ruffle & Mini Tech Pouch Tutorial
My Puffy Laptop Sleeve is one of them.
I made my first version over a year ago and I have been using it ever since. It has travelled with me, protected my laptop and reminded me why I love making practical things with beautiful fabrics.
When I first designed this Puffy Laptop Sleeve Sewing Pattern, I wanted to create something a little different from the usual laptop cases.
I didn't want a pattern with one fixed size.
Because laptops come in so many different sizes, I wanted sewists to be able to create a custom-fit laptop sleeve for their own device.
The idea behind this pattern is simple.
Instead of choosing a size from a long list of measurements, you start by measuring your own laptop.
The PDF sewing tutorial explains how to calculate the fabric pieces based on your device measurements, so you can create a sleeve that fits your laptop perfectly.
This makes it a versatile project for different laptop sizes and a lovely handmade gift idea for students, teachers or anyone who carries a laptop every day.
The original version has a soft quilted texture, padded protection and a simple ribbon closure.
I love using cotton fabrics for this project because it is a great way to show off beautiful prints while creating something useful.
This sewing project is perfect for beginners and is also a wonderful project for favourite fabrics you have been saving, fabric scraps, leftover quilting cottons, meaningful fabrics from your stash.
You can make it minimal and elegant, or completely personalize it with your own style.
And I have to say... the little pouch might be my favourite addition.
So while making this laptop sleeve, I decided to create a small matching zippered pouch that could attach to the sleeve. Now all those tiny things finally have their own place. Sometimes the smallest sewing additions are the ones we use the most.
In the video, I show how I added gathered ruffles, how I made the matching mini zippered tech pouch, how I attached the D-ring and carabiner hook, how I changed the overall look of the sleeve.
The customization is optional. The original laptop sleeve construction and custom sizing instructions are included in the PDF sewing pattern available in my Etsy shop.
You can watch the free customization tutorial here.
I have also created a Puffy Laptop Sleeve Pattern Supply List on my Amazon Storefront, where I gathered some of the tools and materials I used or recommend for this project — from batting and sewing supplies to hardware for the optional mini tech pouch.
You can find the supply list here.
Thank you for visiting my sewing corner and following along with my creative adventures.
I hope this project inspires you to take a favourite fabric, add your own personal touches and create something that is not only beautiful but also useful in your everyday life.
Happy sewing!
XXX
Tatiana








Comments
Post a Comment